Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
64 Posts
I will be fishing The Raritan River Monmouth Co. area On Thursday March 8 its going to be close to 70. Hope to be there by 7am to catch the out going tide, Fresh Clams My choice High Low rig 2 Rods Circle hooks a must since most fish will be shorts. * lets get things going. The local Bait shops are reporting fish being caught????????????????. Bill
Ps. I will post a full report Thursday or Friday. A honest report :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im going to Liberty state park on March 8th.I now my chances of catching a striper are slim to none,but with such a beautiful day forcasted why not get your line wet.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'll be hitting up the Charleston area on wed and thurs for trout and reds

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
High pressure system dominant. If i were gonna bet on a fish? I'td be between 10pm thurs nite and 1 or2 am fri morning when a storm system rolls in. If you want a professional opinion on the weather pattern that is.

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Zimno1 You forgot the full moon that will be that night In the past years of me fishing this spot. The only conditions that effected The fishing has been Heavy Rain that made the Raritain river run Brown and dirty. I was there this morning 6:30 am as the tide was going out and fish were caught, by 6 guys 3 had fish!!!!!!!! ( SHORTS ) 2 Legal fish taken home. But thats another topic I will bring up. I Catch and release every Bass I catch in that river and Bay. But like they say you have to be there to catch. I will report a honest account of my Day . Bill

·
Registered
22 Posts
Interested !!!

But my place is Keansburg (so far). Want to hit news spots.
Anyone knows how the fish are in that place?
The tackle box is working now? in rt 35?

Let's start !! I wish I can fish in winter but is toooo cold for me ! no way !

ready ! welcome spring !

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mike you are welcome to fish with me anytime. I have fished the Shore line from RT 9 South Amboy to the tip of Sandy hook from the beaches and with Paddling my Kayak that I had to give up. there are countless spots. you can access the beach with no problem with Parking on the spot. I do not know how to send a privite message yet. so till then post and I will reply. Bill

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Lets go fishing Thursday March 8. (Results)

I left the house going on 6:30AM Stopped for fresh clams, One thing they were fresh, But The so & so still managed to push off a few bad ones. Like crushed and very small, This shop now gets 7 for $4.00. The attitude has not changed one bit. Enough of that got to the Beach and set out 2 rods 1 single one high low, one as far as I can get it the other one short cast, there are times that the short one gets the action. The water was very clear. and I had a south wind so facing north the water was flat calm, no so to my left with white caps coming out of keyport. 2 Guys left at 8:30 am the tide had started to go out. that left me alone till close to 9:30am would up with 7 other guys spread out all using clams. With the warm sun I fell asleep it was a long nap to say the least. I changed the bait 3 times. with fresh clam. took a walk. Returned and packed up I use Circle hooks so I let them hang them selfs no need to rush and ling jerk the rod as they say. It was now 12:15 Got home and washed down my gear. And took a hot shower. time for another Nap :) I know I forgot some thing in this post must be that CRS again. OH Got Skunked did not see any fish beached in the time I was there. And I do belive that flounder were picking on my baits. ( April 1st ) I start to add 2-3 # 8 hooks to my rigs for the fun of it. Like I have said I return all fish caught form the River and Bay unless the guy next to me wants them. The rumor is the Bass are bitting further up towards South Amboy. And Perth Amboy That may or may not be. I was asked not to burn spots, And I will respect that, but thoses areas have a lot of access. with drive up to the waters edge. Till Next time most likely Monday March 12. depending on the tides. Bill

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
The high pressure system just shuts everything down. But your better'n me as i have not gone out thurs nite as i needed sleep to get up for work. If i get one fish? I won't leave all night. I need to behave and be responsible "FOR A CHANGE"

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Zimno I am not better then anyone else. If I was fishing fresh water ! pressure swings do effect fresh water fish. as temp. swings. Just that I did not catch any Striped Bass that day is mute, since there were confirmed reports of catches at South Amboy North.. Perth Amboy under the rt 35 bridge. and 3 caught at cliff wood. with both Clams and worms being used. 2 on Gulp worm bait. I got to try the some day. Maybe on a high low rig with one clam one worm, These reports are from people I fish with for many years. No fish were caught from Cliff wood to the sandy hook. I will be in South Amboy tomorrow mornig arond 10:am. I was reminded not to burn any spots so I won't. I will say its very near the new park and fields ( Gazebo) . area regulars will know that but new bees wont. God Bless bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys:

I live in East Hanover NJ, but I fish SH on weekends and sometimes weekend nights. I also like bay fishing for whatever, and also I have my own Kayak, although I am not good at fishing on it, and it is a walmart Kayak. My PM is on my profile if anyone wants to hit me up.

Be blessed,

Brian

·
Banned
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
User34 I would be glad to hook up and fish with you. I just got rid of my WS Tarpon 120 My age, weight, and bad back & knees caught up with me, I just ordered a Seyvlor fisher hunter 6 man Raft, not for open waters, but for use on ponds .lakes, calm bay areas. I fish the hook but not that often.The Bay shore is my expertise
hopefully others will join in, Bill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts