Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I picked up a Boston Whaler 17 Montauk at the end of last year for use up on Texoma. I grew up on Lake of the Ozarks and have done some bass fishing up there but was interested in getting into striper fishing out on Texoma.

I have caught a few stripers on Texoma but mainly out of luck. Anyone who fishes there and can suggest locations to look for / rigs to consider, I would greatly appreciate.

Look forward to being a part of this forum.

Take care,

Jack

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jack,
I'm new on this forum also but have fished Lake Texoma plenty of times.
First thing I'd recommend, is DO NOT hire a guide there, every one I've met were extremely pushy and all about business, not fishing. They seem like all they want is your money. They'll put you on the lake with the intention of filling the boat and getting off the water as soon as they can. Very unprofessional.
Myself and some friends usually fish with any lure that looks like a threadfin shad, deep or shallow. Silver spoons for deep, and rattle traps for top water.
The stripers seem to stay in areas where the water goes from shallow to deep very quickly, like points and river beds.
April and May are probably the best months to fish, for the spawn.
Good luck buddy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts