Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
King of Eels
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out to Jefferies on Saturday with my good friend Dan aboard the Mary D... water on the ledge was 51 we fished clams in 230' of water for a cooler full of haddock...

Attachments

·
will work for stripers
2,530 Posts
looks like it was a good day...it must have been beautiful out there. that should take up some freezer space.thumbsup.gif

·
King of Eels
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome!.....this may sound weird but i like haddock better than cod, as fas eating goes.
If they are both gutted when caught and placed on ice imediatly.... you cant tell the differance..... if the guts are left in place until you filet them, the cod tend to spoil a little quicker, especialy if they are eating sand eels.

the texture of the haddock is a little softer than the cod, other than that... IMHO same fish.. both good on the table.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Awesome, Roc!

I did some freshwater fishing on satuday, caught some nice brookies. Can't wait to hit the ocean-those are some nice fillets you got there too.

I looked at those pictures and looked for the shortest person, I knew it was you! haha

·
(formerly brian21johansen)
975 Posts
never knew that roccus.....maybe my mom uses a different recipe or something...plus you never know how old a fish is when you buy it at the supermarket imop

·
King of Eels
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
never knew that roccus.....maybe my mom uses a different recipe or something...plus you never know how old a fish is when you buy it at the supermarket imop
If you buy fish from your local super market it's anything but fresh.... I look at some of the fish offered at the local counter and I wouldnt use it for bait.......

·
4,419 Posts
Wow that top pic is awesome. :smile:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts