Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I had a BLAST!
2,429 Posts
You might get double, what you paid. Not much more. Do you want to sell it in parts, as a part reel? Not all parts sell, and your left with what's left.
:smile:

·
3,471 Posts
$35 is a cheap price for a 700
Figure in used, but fully functional shape, no box, around $50 to $75 is a good ballpark price - deduct from there.

I noticed you're missing the bumper that the bail rests on. That's an easy fix and you should take care of it before you sell the reel. The bail arm sitting at that funny angle will hurt the value, guys will think it's more serious a problem then it is.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might get double, what you paid. Not much more. Do you want to sell it in parts, as a part reel? Not all parts sell, and your left with what's left.
:smile:
Well I've seen the drag go for 10$ and the spool for 20$ and bail for 12-15$ so I figure I would turn a profit and keep the left overs to sell or fix up another 700

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$35 is a cheap price for a 700
Figure in used, but fully functional shape, no box, around $50 to $75 is a good ballpark price - deduct from there.

I noticed you're missing the bumper that the bail rests on. That's an easy fix and you should take care of it before you sell the reel. The bail arm sitting at that funny angle will hurt the value, guys will think it's more serious a problem then it is.
What bumper? do you have a pic of what the reel should look like?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've cannibalized reels before, and sold the rest, as is. I'm sure some one will buy the 700 parts. IMO, they're desirable.thumbsup.gif
I just ordered the bumper for $1.25 and in the process of buying two more 700's. This real is so smooth.....hard to believe it's circa 1966- mid 70's!
Any tips on taking care of them or custom upgrades? Can I put 40lb power pro green moss on it?

·
First Mate
1,198 Posts
You can do this to it.
http://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=16804

I don't think Powerpro works well with the older reels. Fireline and Stren SuperBraid is what I have on some of mine and it seems to work well. Keep the wrap tight. If not the line will dig into itself when your drag is working and you have a nice fish on the other end.

I've tried the teflon drag washers that the exploded view shows for an alternate to the original and I don't like them. The drag washer is about .1 inch thick. Stacking 3, 704 washers will work. I'm experimenting with some carbon fiber friction material I was able to get a small sample of. Another option is Smooth Drag washers. Give them a call and see what they have that can stack up to about .1 thk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.