Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody please help me out and guide me on how can I hook a live minnow without killing it, I have tried out but either the minnow slips from my hand or sadly 4 minnows died, as using live minnow is quite effective to catch large fish I have heard a lot about this technique. I have tried to cling the hook through its lips but all in vain. I need a bit of guidance here

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anybody please help me out and guide me on how can I hook a live minnow without killing it, I have tried out but either the minnow slips from my hand or sadly 4 minnows died, as using live minnow is quite effective to catch large fish I have heard a lot about this technique. I have tried to cling the hook through its lips but all in vain. I need a bit of guidance here
The right way to apply lip hook method is first pass the hook from the lower lip and then towards the upper lip but you have to done this quickly saving your minnow from extreme pain, moreover I think the main reason your minnows dies during this method is that you inserts your hook into its head , always keep his head save and lock its lips, or you can also try the tail hook method , if a beginner can do lip lock then he/she can also try the tail hook method it is also an easy one, Just push the hook exactly from where the tail starts avoid direct passing through its tail in this way you will damage its tail and a fish uses its tail to swim, and if your bait doesn't swims properly it wouldn't be able to attract your target, I will recommend you to read some articles on how you can hook while keeping it alive or you can watch some Youtube vidoes

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well 1st you should start with a thin wire hook 2nd you need a decent sized meal not too big not too small where you can hold it Between Your finger and thumb tail pointing outward head pointing inward towards your Palm take the hook and gently hook it above it spine just behind its Dorsal fin the minnow should last for hours . For only a few minutes if the fish are biting good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts