Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

How far do you travel to fish?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I travel two hours to the nearest Salt and 15 minutes to the upper Delaware,
very hit and miss for Stripers up this far.
It's 40 minutes to nearest freshwater impoundment but without a boat its pretty much just a nice day out.
I have traveled - from Maine to Virginia.
Eastern long Island is 4 1/2 hours.
How far is it for you?

·
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
1,148 Posts
My Favorite Spots in general are between 1.5 and 2 hours. I spend most weekends on the outer cape in the summer and even travel 30 mins there to get out to Provincetown to fish Racepoint and other locations. In general I will go anywhere and drive anywhere to chase fish.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It takes me about 50 minutes to get to the river. Distance of about 35 miles. I'm sick of traveling an hour to hunt and fish and plan to shorten that distance by about 40 minutes or more in the future. I can be freshwater fishing in 2 minutes from my house but there are no stripers there.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Spring run, about 25min from the CT river...

Late Spring/Fall run about 50min-1h depending on if there is anyone in front of me or not...

·
Registered
23 Posts
i used to be 2 mins from the water......20mins from a great spot.... and an hour from rhodie. Now im in freakin mansfield and soon moving to roxbury chainsaw.gifassault.gif:badass:a.k.a. gangland
On the plus side, gangland is only about 15 -20 min to some pretty decent fishing grounds...just make sure you keep your head on a swivel when you're on your way there otherwise...well it won't be for the best.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts