Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Wiper Guru
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, at least we didn't have any trick or treaters. We put in at Paynetown and hit all points to the south. I lost a three fish before we arrived at Sugar Creek. It was a calm and sunny day, one of those when you see no surface activity and by 4 p.m. you're starting to think you're going home with the skunk. But at the mouth of Sugar Creek I finally hooked into a 6.0 pounder. Good fight. Next turn a 9.1 pounder came to the boat. Nice fish. It was starting to take on that horribly obese, big-body-small-head look that they have when they get bigger. Then Mr. Piggy caught a 6.2 pounder on the next turn and a 5.0 pounder the next one. All together we probably caught ten fish by nightfall. Never did see any surface activity and the gulls weren't even around. Heard the loons crying at the setting sun and an enormous bald eagle circled over us for a time. We left the lake, lasy ones out of the water, as the sun set. If only we had a month or more of days like that left in 2008.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
good for you! glad to see ya post up some fish. well done and please know that jim and i talk extensively about a trip with all you guys but have not set it in stone as we have had a poor year between us with health issues. hope you guys get into some fair weather and good fishing for a little while longer, zim :yourock:

·
Wiper Guru
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, sir. I hope the health issues pass soon and remain no more than distant memory in the near future. I also hope you're able to come this way one day and will be delighted to share a few hours on the lake.

Take Care of Yourselves,
Slow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.