Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Official Member
301 Posts
I also like to thank someone I know very well. My next door neighbor Harry Martin. He is a veteran of WWII and was with the 106th Infantry Division "The Golden Lions" stationed in The Ardennes region and took the brunt of the largest German offensive of the war-The Battle of The Bulge. He lost many of his commrades and friends in those days, and himself was wounded by enemy fire and received the Purple Heart and other service medals for his actions. He is so modest as are many other vets I meet like him. During Memorial Day, July 4th, and Veterians Day I always thank him and his response is usually the same "For What?"

A thank you and salute to all our servicemen and vets. Thank you for our Freedom as it is not free
Amen!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will server proudly until the day the lord deems it that I leave this wonderfull earth. To all our soldiers and sailors boots on ground and throughout the world, I personally thank you for each and everyones servive to god and country. Your selfless actions and your service show the greatness that's still is alive whithin our country today. Too often you go unthought of, but this is not why you do what you do, we do because we believe !!!!

Here is a heartfelt video please watch until the end !

http://www.nragive.com/ringoffreedom/nr_j0199_landing.html

Many thanks to all my brothers and sisters in arms !

"DOC" Coates

·
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Bump.

If you dont do it any other time of the year, fly a flag this weekend.

When you pop a top at a BBQ on Monday give a toast of thanks with the first one to all the men and women serving to protect your freedoms.

God Bless Cpl Mike Cook, USMC Recon Sniper, we spent our time in our own hell, you saved many of your friends, including me with your selfless act of courage. I miss you daily. :salute:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice post. People forget all to easily how many paid the ultimate price for the freedom that they take for granted. Or how many came home with missing limbs or are having such a hard time adjusting to civilian life,or dealing with shell shock/battle fatigue (whatever they want to call it ) that they are not sure if they can cope. Don't take your freedom for granted! You may not agree with the political reasons for a certain war but one thing shouldn't change, and that's the respect for, and thanks to, our soldiers!:salute:Thanks to all of our Vets!:gob_icon_cheers::yourock:

·
Striper Hunter
987 Posts
Just read through this whole thread again. Unbelievable moving. I am sobbing and I don't mind saying so.

Gunny I am humbled by your service to this country and proud to call you a friend

:salute: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.