Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been blessed by knowing many. I remember them all, the ones that taught me, and the ones I trained. I remember those that gave their lives in peace as well as conflict, I remember those that sacrificed themselves so that I could go on, Mike laid his body on a Grenade sheilding those of us from the majority of the blast that surely would have killed me and 25 others in close proximity. 6 were wounded with schrappnel, I came out physically unscathed..............................
There are those that in dress uniform could hardly stand straight from the medals on their chest, that you never would have guessed by the humble humility they showed................ earned when as they put it, were just doing what they needed to do.........................
Every conflict, War, has it's detractors, we are free to express our displeasures as Americans, because we have Warriors willing to give up these freedoms in order to defend ours.
I THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE THAT HAS OR IS CURRENTLY DOING SO

·
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought this would be a good time to bump this.
Maybe some idiot from Berkley will see it.
Marine in his Blues, no legs, Saluting proudly.....................................
How in the WORLD CAN YOU DENY HIM....................

·
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A year has passed and not much has really changed.
I have noticed and understand why, the war zone news coverage has somewhat disappeared from the nightly tirade it once was.
Young men still answer the call of duty and serve us proudly, protecting our freedoms in the face of enemies that would just as soon kill a bunch of kids in a day care center in downtown Manhatten.
Again I say I am proud to have known men such as these and still do know many wearing one of the uniforms of our military services. When monday comes around and the family is enjoying the first big cookout of the year, look to the skies and say a little Thank You to the guy's up there that continue to guard heavens gates from all enemies foreign and domestic.

Semper Fidelis, and God Bless our guy's in Uniform.

Even you Johansen!

·
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Friggin BUMP..................................................
How about we keep this thread on top for the weekend folks?

·
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Brian, You understand, and feel the term, the motto, the way of life, of a Marine, "Semper Fidelis" isn't a couple of words used to recruit new guy's. It's how we face each day, in or out of the Corps. It's how we treat the people around us and deal with the world. I am happy to see that the bulb burns bright and strong in you in such a short time. A lot of young Marines don't get it until they near the end of their first enlistment, and in some cases until they are back out on the streets and see the change in themselves.
The media was a pain in my ass for my entire career. I hated reporters and loathed the people in charge that slanted everything that made the paper or appeared on the nightly news. Many times I would watch a story that I was actually involved in and want to throw a brick at my TV because what was reported was a work of fiction.
I now have 5 Iraq vets of your generation that call me, kids that I was involved with from a young age. They are veterans of all 4 branches of our military services. Some have seen combat more than once, and All have been involved with the rebuilding. All would go back again and again, not to kill, but to help better the lives of the people that welcomed them and continue to welcome them.
The reason you do not see any more news coverage of the War Zones? It's all going to plan, People are safer, rebuilding continues, and democracy is beginning to take hold. The Iraqies will soon enough stand on their own and the world will be a better place.

·
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Bump.

If you dont do it any other time of the year, fly a flag this weekend.

When you pop a top at a BBQ on Monday give a toast of thanks with the first one to all the men and women serving to protect your freedoms.

God Bless Cpl Mike Cook, USMC Recon Sniper, we spent our time in our own hell, you saved many of your friends, including me with your selfless act of courage. I miss you daily. :salute:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts