Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OFF THE WALL PANDEMONIUM. I got there at 10 am. Rained all over me. Got 3 bites, small fish. Blach! Went home for lunch and a break about 1:30pm. My bud Shane called from Manchester and said he was coming down. Went back to the marsh at about 4pm. Rained harder. It sucked. No bites. Ok, waited for outgoing tide, started moving about 7pm. No bites. As it got darker, baboom. It just ignited. Lots of fish around 18" to 20" almost a dozen between 20 and 25", and 2 28" keepers. First one landed by my bud Shane, biggest fish he's ever landed. I was happy this one didnt break off on him lol. SEcond one was by me, and this keeper fought DAMN GOOD. Took me on a demon hell ride. The fight was so long, he tired out and was totally pooped. Took me 5 minutes to finally revive him. I told myself he was not going to die, and thankfully I got him on his way. BOTH keepers went back in :)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I need to do that sometime. I live in auburn, right next to manchester...
got any good tips for fishing in the estuary?

·
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just fish the outgoing, at night, with chunk herring, and youll hook up. Have patience, the bite will die for what seems an eternity, but in reality its only about 15/20 minutes, then WHAM, another drag screamer. Gotta have patience. And a chair. And PVC pipe :) Find a good bend, with a point on each end, and you should find fish.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Hmm... I should try sometime. Only problem - I'm 13 - and i doubt my dad would wanna do that :cry:

Ill just ask him sometime
:D

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
yes, he does, in fact, he taught me everything about fishing
I probably wouldnt even care about fish if it wasnt for him!
hes never been striper fishing before though, and i think we need another real+pole
we use 17lb test for striper fishing

·
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to hear your into fishing. I also grew up fishing, but stopped for someone when I was about 16. I didnt fish again for almost 10 years. Long time, and although I regret ever stopping, I still have never figured out why I stopped lol.

You could get away with 17 pound test. I myself use 20 and 30 pound Fireline. Its smaller in diameter than its actual pound/test rating, and stronger than mono. In the marsh, sometimes you gotta have a little more confidence in the line. You never know what your gonna get out there. One cast could land you a 15", the next cast a 25", then the next could be a 43 incher.

Never stop fishing! :)

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I dont plan on stopping anytime soon :wink:
its too much fun!
Fireline, you say?
might have to get some of that :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Jonny i hear what your ayin about stopping after the age of 16. I used to fish all the time, then when i was around 16 i stopped for a while, I'm21 now and just getting back into it. I think, at least for me, I stopped cuz ounce you get a little older its like you always want to party and what not. now i can just relaz and sit on the beach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts