Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy and I went on an offshore trip for Giant Sea Bass this week. The Capt didn't say exactly where we were but it was 6 hours off the coast of NJ. We had a ball fishing for the Sea Bass and most guys caught at least 10 before we had to come back in. Most keeper fish were 3-6 lbs. They were down almost 200' so reeling them up, checking bait and getting rid of the sporadic dogfish was no small chore. The weather forecast said 7-9 foot seas but we saw plenty of swells much bigger than that, which made fishing difficult. We had to use 14 oz sinkers - or bigger. Most guys were using 20 oz.

I had Sea Bass for dinner tonite and have plenty left in the freezer. It's great tasting fish and they were fun to catch. Too bad you have to go so far out to get them.

·
Registered
996 Posts
A buddy and I went on an offshore trip for Giant Sea Bass this week. The Capt didn't say exactly where we were but it was 6 hours off the coast of NJ. We had a ball fishing for the Sea Bass and most guys caught at least 10 before we had to come back in. Most keeper fish were 3-6 lbs. They were down almost 200' so reeling them up, checking bait and getting rid of the sporadic dogfish was no small chore. The weather forecast said 7-9 foot seas but we saw plenty of swells much bigger than that, which made fishing difficult. We had to use 14 oz sinkers - or bigger. Most guys were using 20 oz.

I had Sea Bass for dinner tonite and have plenty left in the freezer. It's great tasting fish and they were fun to catch. Too bad you have to go so far out to get them.
Voyager?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts