Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
758 Posts
Gamefish obviously...there are many reasons why this should happen....first and foremost in my mind is that if things continue they way they are we won't only realize the consequence in fishing it goes further than that. When was the last time someone looked up how much money or sport brings ever year? No Stripers would bring a colapse of industry. Commercial fishing would be screwed, but who cares about those guys, especially with advent of Striper farms (yes stripers farms) out west.

The most important reason in my mind to protect Striped Bass with gamefish status is so that the penalties for breaking the law in regards to this fish are more inline with reality. Anyone who follows this battle knows that you can go poach thousands of pounds and get a slap on the wrist. I would think gamefish status would bring about much tougher laws. This in turn would be very helpful because while we sit here and point fingers at commercial fishing its easy to forget that there is tons of assholes poaching right and left every day of every season, damn well knowing that the chances of getting caught are slim.

· Banned
758 Posts
I guess I am unclear as too what the legal definition of "Gamefish Status" is.
A fish that is regulated by law for recreational harvest. (simple answer)

· Banned
758 Posts
I very strongly agree with slot limits...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.