Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· First Mate
864 Posts
I'm behind it as long as the bag limit is not raised or the size limit lowered. I was too young in the eighties to have seen first hand the drop in the population, but from what I have heard and read I do not want to see a repeat. One thing that gets lost in a lot of these conservation discussions is the fact that we (recreational fishermen) take four times as many fish than the comm guys. What ever is done we have to lower the amount of breeding fish taken.

I do think that a short hook and line comm season could be possible so those that can't or don't fish can enjoy the resource. Though that does open the door for poaching.

· First Mate
864 Posts
does no one else have an opinion on this subject?

· First Mate
864 Posts
Rick and Roc both bring up good points. I agree that bait fish need more protection especially in the Chesapeake. Roc brings up a good point about tournaments how can we justify shutting down a fishery if we're gonna Kill them for bragging rights. There are plenty of offshore tourneys that are no kill we can easily do the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.