Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

fund a new striper TV show?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  gsxraddict 
#1 ·
I've been saying for years that there needs to be more good Striper television shows out there. With enough publicity, striper fishing could become the next big thing.

I've been thinking about opening a blog/website to support the cause. Receive donations, keep people informed on the process. Theres tons of corporate sponsors that could get involved and benefit majorly.

I've got tons of ideas, but it wouldn't be like your normal fishing show. Much more informative, and focused on the larger stripers across the country.

Even an internet TV show could be a possibily, if the demand/market was good enough. But thats not what the ultimate goal would be.

I have the time and marketing experienced to make it happen, but I don't have the money yet. So I wanted to ask you guys, do you think there is enough people to get involved and support the ideas?

Please Encourage me or Discourage me, but I think it is a possibility. I just want to hear your feedback. If the kid on the news got $10,000 just to go on a date with a DJ off website donations in a month, then anything is possible.

I want the striper community and sport to get the reconition it deserves.

See less See more
#2 ·
Grx

The National Striped Bass Association
has a tv show on stripers. Its called striperfishing USA.
I havent seen it in a while. I used to see it on saturday
mornings. Mostly tournament anglers involved for prizes .
There are two other tournament bodies that currently
hold large tournaments.
The american striper association The group is currently putting together
international television coverage. and the
FLW Walmart series
As many as 200 teams compete in these tournaments.
Im not sure these super large tournaments and exposure
is a good thing.
Pressure on fish, tubes, etc. etc.
Not everybody qualifes for the tournaments though.
As the sport becomes more and more popular with the
resurgence of the population more and more arenas will look to profit from it.
I would like to see conservation efforts continue to
be at the forefront especially in the push for game fish status.
IMHO There are still far too many problems associated
with the stock. IE dirty water, mycobacteriosis and
other diseases, depletion of forage and habitat destruction.
But thats just how I feel about it now.
Good positive media coverage will go a long way
towards responsible stewardship. I wouldnt discourage
it especially when talented people get involved. thumbsup.gif

#3 ·
Thanks for the info. Im aware of the NSBA, i fish in it. And I would love to see the prize money and turnouts grow.

StriperUSA is cancelled, and they won't be doing it again I heard.

So it leaves the market wide open....FLW tournament turnouts are'nt what they expected, but I think its because of their tournament rules. I don't want to fish a tournament where Im forced to use artificles, and have a maximum size limit. Doesn't that go against the point of a tournament?

But done right, we can really educate and entertain the market.

#4 ·
no please no

Why would you want to draw so much attention to the sport? Do you like catching fish? Do you like standing shoulder to shoulder on the beach or bouy to bouy on a boat where you fish? The more attention the more often that will happen IMO. The best part of Striper fishing is the fact that it is almost underground, people are secretive about some of their techniques, spots, etc. Would not want to make it mainstream in any way. If you want to be on tv, go down to gulf coast and sign up for a redfish tourney, but please leave striper fishing alone. thumbsup.gif

#5 ·
Re: no please no

MasterBaiter said:
Why would you want to draw so much attention to the sport? Do you like catching fish? Do you like standing shoulder to shoulder on the beach or bouy to bouy on a boat where you fish? The more attention the more often that will happen IMO. The best part of Striper fishing is the fact that it is almost underground, people are secretive about some of their techniques, spots, etc. Would not want to make it mainstream in any way. If you want to be on tv, go down to gulf coast and sign up for a redfish tourney, but please leave striper fishing alone. thumbsup.gif
I have to agree. I was pretty P.O.ed when I saw the FLW come about, IMO the conservation efforts have paid off so why do we now want to bring more attention to this sport? So they can get overfished again? In the area where I keep my boat, the party boats that used to say 1/2 day blues, now say STRIPERS. I see more and more boats snagging bunker or drifting clams at a time of the year when most boats would have switched over to fluke by now. I say more attention should be steered
towards what Stripers Forever is trying to accomplish. Just my .02 thumbsup.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.