Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
swabbie
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the Keys fishing for snapper last week and they were using frozen chum blocks of menhaden oil/chunks. I thought it would be perfect for striper fishing and the guys told me it comes from "up north". I've never seen is available in any of the tackle shops I visit in the Boston area. They have double strike chum logs, but that's more for flounder. Does anyone know who caries frozen chum in or near Boston?

Thanks!

·
Rubber Shad Ex-spert
309 Posts
J&J bait in Brockton MA

519 Crescent St
Brockton, MA 02302
(508) 587-0150

The guys there are really good. You could even call and ask, and I'm sure he'd tell you where else you could try around where you are.

My advice, get your cordless drill, make a bunch of holes in the plastic bucket, tie it off with a rope. I'm told striper have the ability to smell one drop of blood in an olympic sized pool, so I don't think you need too much, else you'll wind up with sharks and crap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI iam new to this but i fish for stripers all over the cape and M&M baite shope in wareham ma. has a lote of baite to pick from and the owner is greate to all who come in and he will put you on fish and baite last year I got my first 40+ lb. fish still looking for that 50 lb. one great to chat good luck hope we all have a great year

1 - 3 of 3 Posts