Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Lunker
75 Posts
hey kayakninja

Have you tried the wash at the edison plant there on the salt side of the Mystic? throw a bomber long a(not the salt version) or any soft plastic right inside the boom. Jerk and stop...jerk and stop (relling your slack on the stop. You will feel them grab it when it stops then you set. If you see the LNG which is that huge green thing I am sure your familiar with stay away. Also troll and cast those two lures just outside the boom in the current flow. Once the bluefish come in it is like fishing in a barrel which was good when I had a guest or my children. Have you tried jiggin up some herring and liverlining right outside the lock onhte salt side? I'm gonna this week coming. I got a salt water trolling motor on my little whaler to try and emulate the stealth you guys have from the yak. I'll see you out there.

· Lunker
75 Posts
got ya

I was replying to the kayakninja also. Try that wash! I may be going to the mystic locks soon to try and liveline some herring. Call me if your going out that way soon. PM me and I'll send my cell number. I do have more spots. The Chelsea Creek can be incredibly hot some years and a 50" was caught on a sluggo by my friend at the very end where the oil tankers are he was tossing a sluggo at the pier pilons/-pillings(whatever they are called)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.