Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Pretty decent. Thanks.

Glad I was at work to dwnld the supporting software. Now if I can get our plotter to print while nobody is looking.......

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ploter

Good luck with the plotter. I have not tryed to print any of these charts but let me know. I have found it great this winter looking at various charts and spot that you here about on these sites.

·
LunkerSpunker
446 Posts
also good chart site

Download the program from maptech.com and then you d/load the individual charts/maps.....all the depts of the sound, etc. Very good, completely portable so you can bring a laptopon the boat and navigate all you need. th_sm19.gif

·
Jigologist
472 Posts
sweet.. I have the maptech topo software, it's frikkin awesome and has a USB GPS interface that slick as snot...

awaiting my confirmation email for download

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks,

I just downloaded, you do not have to wait for email. If you go to download status - don't have your ID - Chart download still avalable - get know> You can download asap!

Thanks again.

·
Jigologist
472 Posts
nice .. I DLed the charts from cape hatterus to the penobscot bay all the penobscot, merrimac, saco, kennebec, sheepscot, dameriscotta rivers to the tide line..
rock on!!

·
Wishin i was fishin
542 Posts
maptech is a great site, i've been using it for years, saw it on the news one time way back...use it for all of my hunting and fishing needs. Another great site if you need to locate an address for a bait shop, or a buddys address if you go to http://local.live.com/ you can type your buddys address in at the top and you'll be able to get it to come right up.

·
Jigologist
472 Posts
the maps print out perfectly.. what ever is on the screen at whatever magnification gets printed.. piece-o-cake

I'm printing out some of my sweetholes and laminating them.. thumbsup.gif

·
Lunker
92 Posts
egh.. Maptech_ They probably are the only game in town but their software isn't too great in my opinion. Just my 2cents but OSN (now called marine nav) looks like it was written in the early 90's for windows 3 or maybe 95 and someone has a 'tweaked' installer so it can run on machines using xp etc. I have had numerous issues with the way their application uses the registry and have had nothing but trouble since I first plunked down $100 and change for what I expected to be a quality program. Looks to me like an app designed for OS that people used 10 years ago.

Then_ to make matters worse_ right after I paid for the thing I was going to buy a chart package for $150 but they changed their pricing around and bundled OSN with the charts. Okay but NOW the chart packs are $250!!! Basically they want you to RE-buy OSN everytime you buy a chart pack. What sort of a deal is that?

Just my opinion but take the freebee stuff and keep you're money in your pocket. Maptech will never get another dime from me.

Your mileage may vary_

·
LunkerSpunker
446 Posts
Huh

Not sure, but the Maptech stuff im using, and I havn't seen to many limitations in it costed me free.99.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts