Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking to take my son to hopefully catch his/my first striper this year. This will be our first time going for stripers in the Hudson.

We are in dutchess county and need a good spot with public access around poughkeepsie, wappingers, newburgh... etc

Anyone have good spots? Any advice is appreciated... feel free to PM me if you don't want to publicly disclose.

Thanks!
Dan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dan lots of places to go. You will just have to find the fish also make sure you have plenty of tackle. Rocky shorelines on the Hudson. Poughkeepsie water front always draws locals, also a good spot travel a little south to Croton Point Park in Westchester. Tons of shore access there and if your little guy gets bored he can go to the playground. Believe me I know mine just turned 9 and I am going to get him more involved this season catching bait. Also find some time to explore. I downloaded google earth on my smart phone and you can do your research on spots. Always look out for private property tho I don't want to lead you into any I unnecessary tickets. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts