Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Fishing line conversion from sweet water to salt, then back

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  K-Cube 
#1 ·
Hey 247 salts! I'm bringing Shimano 3500 and Cardinal 700 spinning reels w/me to Chincoteague, currently w/mono 14# and 10# respectively.
I know that's not real heavy for salt water striper.
I purchased 30# spiderwire for both, but wanted to get some experienced opinions before I respool.
What do you suggest?
Thanks
Jeff

#2 ·
make sure you get it on tight; use mono backup or tape the first wrap so it won't slip; some guys like to put it on wet and drop the whole spool in the sink prior to putting it on.. wear a glove or something to protect your hand so you can hold the line tight while spooling it... take the time to make sure it goes on flat and level all the way thru..

run your drag a bit loser then with mono so you don't rip the lips clean off!

enjoy~

#3 ·
Jigman,
Gonna do the bobber in water thing, and reel it back on tight, I know it's loose right now. Oh and yeah, them tree bassy's eluvsive, but man, what a fight! :)
Had tree down in back yard last night, bad storm. It's still laying there, left Cincinnati and in Richmond VA tonight, about one night's sleep and 4 hours driving from Chincoteague, VA!
Can't sleep thinking about striped bassy's, lurking, waiting, hungry.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.