hello i went out fishing in the Jamaica Bay area
came up with nothing was wondering if anyone
caught anything, i know the water temps are not
so great but it didn't hurt to give it a try! oh ya i
was fishing with clam. read2.gif

·
Registered
142 Posts
Im actually gonna hit the raritan bay next week, one year ago today my buddy caught our first fish of the year. I know because today is my brithday so I am sure there are some early bass out there. I also heard that they are hitting some schoolies in Toms River as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fished one of my early season hotspots on Staten Island lastnight...outgoing,slack,and 3 hours of incoming and not a tap...and no sign of any bait around.Water still not right yet.Sunday and Monday a South wind and sunshine predicted both days,and if the water hits 50 degrees we will have bent rods,and this will all be a bad dream...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Visting the girl in NJ this weekend and managed to sneek a few hours fishing in (way back of raritan bay).As I was talking to a local baitshop owner he told me about a 32in fish that weighed in @ 28lb. He had me laughing at that point but he claims it had 10lds of undigested ling in its stomach. I was thinking about the size of a 3-4lb ling.... Thought? Or can someone confirm this guy needs new glasses.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts