Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, there is a good article in this months Field & Stream about surf fishin'. So if yer looking for something to read, or a new mag for your little table in the bathroom, I recommend you pick it up icon_thumleft.gif

· The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers
4,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
icon_thumleft.gif

Just so everyone is aware, they made some errors when listing the common types of plugs that are thrown while surf fishing. Here are some corrections...

# 2 on the list is "Needlefish or Darter. They do show a Needlefish correctly in the list, however, a Darter is not really the same plug lol.

# 3 on the list is a Pencil Popper. They get the description of a Pencil right on, but then they show a picture of what looks to be a Yozuri Hydropencil. A "Pencil Popper" by description is not a Hydropencil, shape is totally opposite. They should have used a pic of a Gibb's Pencil Popper to match the description.

#4 on the list a Swimming Plug. But they decided to show a picture of a Rapala Sliver as an example. This is not a good match for the description, as a Sliver is a trolling lure used to mimic a needlefish or eel. I have used them trolling in the past with some results, and actually still have one in the Battle Box, but definitely not a good example of a Swimmer. A Gibb's Danny would've been a better picture to show for this example.

Examples 1, 5, 6, & 7 are AOK. I hope this helps anyone who may be confused by reading "The Lures" section of the article.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.