Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Lunker
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! to everyone:

Does the number of felt washers make a difference in a reel?
bass pro shop for 2006 has a new goldcup reel with 6 felt washers.
the price of the reel is $69.00. At that price I just might buy one to have an extra reel.

:cheers:

3,471 Posts
Oiled felt drag washers have been around for longer than a lot of us have been alive. The old Crack/Luxor reels use them and, so long as you keep em clean and oiled, they're as smooth as butter.

6 seems a lot. Than many oiled felt washers might have a tendancey to slip (I'm not familiar with that reel, you sure they're felt?)

· King of Eels
4,227 Posts
Oiled felt has,as Sudsy said been around a long time, as long as oiled leather, but be forewarned, if you buy a reel with felt washers, it is absolutly manditory that youy back off the drag each time you are done fishing, if you dont, they will become compressed and dry in short time, then, they are worthless..

· Lunker
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi! Guys:

the catalogue says 6 felt washers but the website has it as a 6 disc drag system. It's the sea lion reel not the gold cup for $49.00. I think it is made for Bass Pro Shop?

:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.