Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

18,706 Posts
Cappo said:
That new kid at TE sounds exactly like what they said about the other New York "Amazing Tight End"... Shockey -- Then you have Favre... not many targets
Watch Shockey tear it up down in Tampa. The chemistry with Eli wasnt as good as it is with Boss. His complaining about blocking and not getting the ball and his injuries wont be missed.

Brett has Cotchery and Clowney now. LOL
Seriously I think Favre had Sterling Sharpe in Green bay back in the day.
He was a heck of a receiver.

· Official Member
140 Posts
Watch Shockey tear it up down in Tampa. The chemistry with Eli wasnt as good as it is with Boss. His complaining about blocking and not getting the ball and his injuries wont be missed.

Brett has Cotchery and Clowney now. LOL
Seriously I think Favre had Sterling Sharpe in Green bay back in the day.
He was a heck of a receiver.
Yeah Jim I hear you on the chemistry thing. I remember hearing that in the plans for most games Eli was told to force the ball to shockey to shut him up. Talk about pressure. They just didn't click. He is a helluva player though.

Brett does have those two, but he has a fantastic line and good te. Favre had Sterling, but other than that in 19 seasons? I know where you are comin from though. Is it the regular season yet? :cheers:

· Registered
5,925 Posts
clowney got speed but he has to run patterns against seasoned vets and will be tough first few games and will only be used as a deep threat (which might not be a bad idea) but cotchery is overrated as a receiver. the running game is gonna be huge this season you watch! this line needed a QB with the deep threat and a pick you apart quick release and most of thier division has not been accustomed to this type of threat so success in the running game is gonna have to pan out in order for opportunities to come downfield. i suspect a really good season for the jets if they gel this way.

18,706 Posts
Florida now has another Chad and this one isnt a hanging chad.
Pennington has signed with Parcells' Dolphins.
Wouldnt it be something if the Jets needed week 17 against Miami to make the playoffs. Fun year for the AFC east.

3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
We gave up our season tickets this May. Nineteen years of futility, of spending thousands of dollars to sit in the freezing cold to watch our team lose has come to an end.
We figured we might as well sit and front of the big screen and be warm while we watch them lose.

It is now preordained - it is absolutely a given - that the AFC Championship game will be at the Meadowlands (I swear I'm friggen cursed !!!!)

18,706 Posts
Suds said:
It is now preordained - it is absolutely a given - that the AFC Championship game will be at the Meadowlands
Suds. Take heart. I'd rather watch the game at home anyway.
Meadowlands = Swamp stink, Turnpike - route three, Parking, Weather, Drunken Idiots, $6 beer, concession food, bathroom lines, fat heads in front, fights in the stands (maybe not that 1 -thats kind of cool), leave early or get stuck on Rte 3, shuttle from Continental arena, "spending thousands of dollars to sit in the freezing cold" No tailgating at offsite parking - $25 offsite fee or spend $150 to park at the complex - construction projects.

At home = replay, warmth, edible food, free beer, league highlights, game sucks go fishing, did I mention warmth.
Suds said:
We figured we might as well sit and front of the big screen and be warm while we watch them lose.
You could also sit in front of the big screen and be warm while you watch them win.
I had tickets to a monday night Giant - Cowboy game a few years back and the party in the lot was so good we didnt even go inside.

:4996:

3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I will miss the tailgates. We had that place wired!

Never took us more then 15 minutes to be back on the Turnpike after a game

We even knew where the clean bathrooms are hidden.

Our Jets/Miami tailgates were epic - Thrown out of the parking lot after the game twice epic :7483::7834:
Both my brothers in Law are big fish fans and we'd end up with 20 person tailgates with whole BBQ pigs, Prime porterhouse steaks, lobster, clams ........................ then into one of the new luxury boxes where the press box used to be. The tailgates were filmed by NFL Films twice. I've no idea if we ever made it onto one of those shows or not.

Got to hang out with a lot of players
Back in the late '90s we used to occasionally tailgate with one of the O line players family, and he used to come for the post game tailgate and would usually bring another player or two along.

Automotive parking light Sky Tire Automotive side marker light Car

Food Table Tableware Bottle Ingredient

That's Todd Burger left guard on the Parcells Jets and later the Bears on the right.

Jeans Trousers Sky Outerwear Cloud

I have more pictures on a disk somewhere.

18,706 Posts
They said he would get beteewn 8 and 15 reps tonight against Washington
and Brett said before the game dont read into it too much either way.
Coles didnt play.
5 of 6 for 48 yards and a first Jet TD.
Go Brett.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.