Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Official Member
140 Posts
That new kid at TE sounds exactly like what they said about the other New York "Amazing Tight End"... Shockey. Hopefully this one proves to be better than the latter.

The Jets are really turning themselves around. If Favre doesn't pull 'em outta the slump, the new line and LB's surely will. Plus, with all the extra revenue of the new stadium, Favre, and the Giant's buzz, I'm sure next year will only be better for them in the front office.

All of this hooplah about Favre and the INT's, I can only rationalize it as he tries to carry his team on his back, because well, he always had to. He never had any huge go-to receivers. Look at Young or Montana, they had Rice and Owens. Who needs to force it when you have those targets? Or as much as I hate to admit it, Owens and Witten in Dallas for Romo. The list goes on. Then you have Favre... not many targets. Lets see what he does in the second half of this season, because you know the first half is going to be him trying to get adjusted to the new system.

All my humble 2cents, from a loving giant/ny fan.

ps, I heard bellicheck upgraded to a HighDef camera on his sideline.

· Official Member
140 Posts
Watch Shockey tear it up down in Tampa. The chemistry with Eli wasnt as good as it is with Boss. His complaining about blocking and not getting the ball and his injuries wont be missed.

Brett has Cotchery and Clowney now. LOL
Seriously I think Favre had Sterling Sharpe in Green bay back in the day.
He was a heck of a receiver.
Yeah Jim I hear you on the chemistry thing. I remember hearing that in the plans for most games Eli was told to force the ball to shockey to shut him up. Talk about pressure. They just didn't click. He is a helluva player though.

Brett does have those two, but he has a fantastic line and good te. Favre had Sterling, but other than that in 19 seasons? I know where you are comin from though. Is it the regular season yet? :cheers:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.