Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· King of Eels
4,227 Posts
He'll be fine in the regular season, he may win 1 or 2 more games than Chad would, at least he wont be hurt more than healthy, It will be interesting to see how he fares in the AFC.... but IF they make the playoffs,.. he's still the same old Favre, if you look up interception in the dictionary... you will be sure to see his mug...... I'd be more worried about the future of the team.... the Pack got rid of him because they needed to get younger, as long as he hung around, he was a distraction and slowing the development of the team.. I really hope it works out for them, I like what he (Brett) brings to the table and think he still has something left in the tank... but in the long run....:smilierun:because he's over it...

· King of Eels
4,227 Posts
The Jet - Cleveland game is on CBS tonight at 7.

Jets released Chad so he's a free agent. They can't stop him from going to any team. Unless they paid him a sum of cash. The speculation is that he might end up in KC with Herman Edwards or with the guy who drafted him - Parcells in Miami. The perfect fit would be Minnesota with that dominant line and running game, plus act to tutor Tavaras Jackson and maybe even unseat him as a starter. If the Bears had any balls at all they would grab him up.

Joe I think Brett is an upgrade no matter what way you look at it. The guy has football instincts and is more creative on the field than maybe even Fran Tarkenton. He takes the tough chances and throws into tough coverage. Its the same reason he has 429 career touchdowns. His record in Playoffs is 12 and 10. Im not sure hes over the hill just yet. To lose 10 playoff games means you were in a whole lot of them. Im not gonna go out on a limb and say the Jets make the playoffs but they could win 9 games and get in. Im hoping he has something left. IMO at 38 he's still better than 2/3rds of the league QBs.
The Jets have a big-time offensive line now with the additions of Faneka and the pro bowl Right tackle from Detroit (where he played as a guard) Damien Woody. Woody said its the best O-line hes' ever been a part of and he started on two Pat superbowl teams as a center.
Now the Jets have Faneka, ManGold, D'Brichashaw Ferguson, B. Moore and Woody.
The addition of 4 time pro bowl fullback Tony Richardson cant hurt the blocking for Brett.
The jets plan to play smashmouth football.
Bubba Franks will be a back up for Chris Baker. Cotchery, and Coles will be the wideouts. Leon Washington and Thomas Jones.
Ah its nice to have two teams in NY to root for. :a_dreaming:
:10187:
No defense.... that will be their downfall... no doubt the JETS had to make the deal, just for change sake.... the AFC teams he's( Favre) going to play will test him alot more than he's been tested in a long time, week after week, they( the Jets) more than likely will start the season 0 and 3( I looked at their schedule).... trouble with Favre, and all that have watched him know this to be true, when he gets behind, he gets reckless, reckless leads to INT's.....He's just not as sharp as he once was, he also no longer can shed would be tackelers like a lineman, as he once did, alot of his sucess was based on his mobility, that feature is no longer an option for him...
Just my opinion... What do I know....All that said, IMHO, he's one of the best to EVER play the game, he is exciting and can make things happen.. when he's in the game, it's not over until the final whistle sounds, a 70 yard bomb is not out of his reach.. something very few QB's in the NFL can boast.... It should be an interesting season...My guess is that Chad ( who I think is one of the more stand up guys in the NFL) will end up a Viking, that dink and dunkkwest coast offense with a brutal running attack is perfect for him, he may not have a cannon for an arm, but his field smarts are right up there with Brady and P. Manning.. and the old field general himself.....Mr Favre....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.