Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

18,706 Posts
I am glad its over for Brett. Now Ill get to see him play every sunday on free TV. They say he's going to live in Northfield N.J.
Lets see who's odd man out Clemons or Pennington.
Salary cap space is 12 million.
Chads price is higher.

18,706 Posts
The Jet - Cleveland game is on CBS tonight at 7.
Sudsy said:
I don't know if it's true or not but I heard that part of the agreement is that the Jets can't trade Chad to an NFC North team.
Jets released Chad so he's a free agent. They can't stop him from going to any team. Unless they paid him a sum of cash. The speculation is that he might end up in KC with Herman Edwards or with the guy who drafted him - Parcells in Miami. The perfect fit would be Minnesota with that dominant line and running game, plus act to tutor Tavaras Jackson and maybe even unseat him as a starter. If the Bears had any balls at all they would grab him up.
Roccus said:
he's still the same old Favre, if you look up interception in the dictionary... you will be sure to see his mug
Joe I think Brett is an upgrade no matter what way you look at it. The guy has football instincts and is more creative on the field than maybe even Fran Tarkenton. He takes the tough chances and throws into tough coverage. Its the same reason he has 429 career touchdowns. His record in Playoffs is 12 and 10. Im not sure hes over the hill just yet. To lose 10 playoff games means you were in a whole lot of them. Im not gonna go out on a limb and say the Jets make the playoffs but they could win 9 games and get in. Im hoping he has something left. IMO at 38 he's still better than 2/3rds of the league QBs.
The Jets have a big-time offensive line now with the additions of Faneka and the pro bowl Right tackle from Detroit (where he played as a guard) Damien Woody. Woody said its the best O-line hes' ever been a part of and he started on two Pat superbowl teams as a center.
Now the Jets have Faneka, ManGold, D'Brichashaw Ferguson, B. Moore and Woody.
The addition of 4 time pro bowl fullback Tony Richardson cant hurt the blocking for Brett.
The jets plan to play smashmouth football.
Bubba Franks will be a back up for Chris Baker. Cotchery, and Coles will be the wideouts. Leon Washington and Thomas Jones.
Ah its nice to have two teams in NY to root for. :a_dreaming:
:10187:

18,706 Posts
Suds Keller has completely slipped under my radar. :4996:
Zim I dont think Joe was drunk because Buttle said he would have
colored up the language if he was in the locker room.
I think Ian Eagle and Buttle just didnt realize the audio didnt reach the viewers. ???
Would have liked to hear Joes thoughts on Brett aging and changing teams.
Joe was busted up when he went to the rams back in the day

18,706 Posts
I think it will be a fun season too. Now that the Pats are sliding back to the pack you never know. :shocked:
The Jets were 10 and 6 two years ago. Last year they didnt have a QB worth a sh*t. :wheelchair:
:a_dreaming: Maybe they still dont. :4996:
Just breakin em Joe :yourock:

18,706 Posts
Cappo said:
That new kid at TE sounds exactly like what they said about the other New York "Amazing Tight End"... Shockey -- Then you have Favre... not many targets
Watch Shockey tear it up down in Tampa. The chemistry with Eli wasnt as good as it is with Boss. His complaining about blocking and not getting the ball and his injuries wont be missed.

Brett has Cotchery and Clowney now. LOL
Seriously I think Favre had Sterling Sharpe in Green bay back in the day.
He was a heck of a receiver.

18,706 Posts
Florida now has another Chad and this one isnt a hanging chad.
Pennington has signed with Parcells' Dolphins.
Wouldnt it be something if the Jets needed week 17 against Miami to make the playoffs. Fun year for the AFC east.

18,706 Posts
Suds said:
It is now preordained - it is absolutely a given - that the AFC Championship game will be at the Meadowlands
Suds. Take heart. I'd rather watch the game at home anyway.
Meadowlands = Swamp stink, Turnpike - route three, Parking, Weather, Drunken Idiots, $6 beer, concession food, bathroom lines, fat heads in front, fights in the stands (maybe not that 1 -thats kind of cool), leave early or get stuck on Rte 3, shuttle from Continental arena, "spending thousands of dollars to sit in the freezing cold" No tailgating at offsite parking - $25 offsite fee or spend $150 to park at the complex - construction projects.

At home = replay, warmth, edible food, free beer, league highlights, game sucks go fishing, did I mention warmth.
Suds said:
We figured we might as well sit and front of the big screen and be warm while we watch them lose.
You could also sit in front of the big screen and be warm while you watch them win.
I had tickets to a monday night Giant - Cowboy game a few years back and the party in the lot was so good we didnt even go inside.

:4996:

18,706 Posts
They said he would get beteewn 8 and 15 reps tonight against Washington
and Brett said before the game dont read into it too much either way.
Coles didnt play.
5 of 6 for 48 yards and a first Jet TD.
Go Brett.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.