Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying does this mean anything ? I really don't know but there are some patterens. Will this effect when i go fishing, absolutely NOT, i am going to get out there and chase them when ever i can during the run.

I just log date, water temp, fish caught, and for herring i write down if we jigged them or netted them. It's just something i do and i thought i would share ... if anybody cares :4996:

Data for past 3 years of Striper fishing

Date / Avg WaterTemp / Fish Caught
19-Apr .. 49 ..1
20-Apr .. 50.. 0
24-Apr .. 50 ..15
25-Apr .. 51 ..11
26-Apr .. 52 .. 5
27-Apr .. 53 .. 1
28-Apr .. 53 .. 2
1-May .. 54 .. 5
2-May .. 54 .. 6
3-May .. 54.. 5
4-May .. 54 .. 1
5-May .. 54 .. 3
6-May .. 55 .. 6
7-May.. 55 .. 7
8-May .. 56 .. 11
9-May .. 56 .. 12
10-May.. 56 . 6
11-May .. 57 .. 32
12-May .. 57 .. 8
13-May .. 58 .. 9
15-May .. 60 .. 2
16-May .. 60.. 3
17-May .. 60.. 5
18-May .. 60 .. 4
19-May .. 60 .. 3
20-May .. 60 .. 15
23-May .. 61 .. 8
24-May .. 61 .. 1
25-May .. 62 .. 0
26-May .. 63 .. 0
28-May .. 63 .. 1

Key Notes
When water temp hits 50-51 dregrees, fish bite seems to turn on
When water hits 54-55 degrees it is Peak time of run !!
Once water hits 62 (key spawing temp) ... It shuts down

Herring Info
Jigging Herring really gets easier once water hits 50 degrees ...
Comparing my Herring to Striper records, when the Herring are

in thick, the Stripers are right with them (makes sense).

There are going to be some things that always skew the numbers a little, like if we fished for 2hrs or 12hrs that day, weather, where we were fishing ... Etc ... i will continue to do this year after year. I want to start working in the tide factor ??

Peace !
BB

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Crap i had this in a nice format and know it's all screwy. I'll try to fix it.
Sorry

·
Official Member
490 Posts
Nice info Brian couple of BIG days in there :gob_icon_cheers:

·
First Mate
907 Posts
This is a good bunch of data! I haven't kept track of the herring in my records, BUT I do keep track of the tides when a fish is caught. Believe it or not, by a slim margin, I've actually caught more on the outgoing than the incoming tides. Now mind you, for the past five years that I've been keeping records 99.999999% of my fishing has been from shore. Maybe boat fishing the tide is better on the flood.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's awesome. You've inspired me to keep more detailed info. I'll do my best to do the same this year. I think it would be interesting to compare results.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Brian ..... if you're bored at work next week see if you can break it down by year versus averaging all 3 years temps .... it would be interesting to see if that showed any trends.....

one date resulted in 32 fish over the 3 years ...... bet you're out that day!

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brian ..... if you're bored at work next week see if you can break it down by year versus averaging all 3 years temps .... it would be interesting to see if that showed any trends.....

one date resulted in 32 fish over the 3 years ...... bet you're out that day!
I can do that, surprisingly only a degree or two difference , that is why i just put the avg.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I fish every day but this year i am going to keep track of daily numbers and definitely will be interested in how i do on may the 11TH this seems to be a hot date to fish. Brian are those numbers for just you fishing or you and others fishing with you :a_goodjob:

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I fish every day but this year i am going to keep track of daily numbers and definitely will be interested in how i do on may the 11TH this seems to be a hot date to fish. Brian are those numbers for just you fishing or you and others fishing with you :a_goodjob:
That May 11th number was jacked up mostly from our 2007 outing, absolutly insane day :bluegrin: i remember it well. We ran out of live bait, the bite was so good we started tossing out old dead herring and they were getting slammed just as good. We left fish biting too.

Last year i caught the most and biggest fish on my 1st trip out, April 24th ... i guess you just never know ????

The Striper numbers are not just mine. Mostly between 3 of us (me and Krause boys) but on occasion there is a fouth that i include if they were out fishing with one of us.

BB

·
First Mate @ Ace Charters
761 Posts
BB any info on the tides - incoming, out, or slack ? Fish them all - just wondering if ya gots any info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts