Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Striper Hunter - Call_me_Ishmael
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for places to check out and see if they'd be good for fishing on http://www.lisrc.uconn.edu/coastalaccess/index.asp but I'm not sure where to start. I've been looking for inlets and the mouths of rivers but I'm not sure if there is public access to alot of these places. If anyone is familiar with the CT shore and public access I could use some help just to get started. I'm going to drive down tomorrow during the day to check some places out. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
173 Posts
Well, that depends on where abouts your want to fish...I can tell you there are public launches on the thames and ct river and those are good spots, especially now, got get into some fish...You can use google maps and search for public launches in CT and it will tell you about it or go to DEP website and they have all the launches on there...

50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I live in Bristol so most places are an hour to hour and a half ride. I think I would be fishing between the Housatonic and CT rivers but trips out to Groton or R.I. would not be out of the question.

· LunkerSpunker
446 Posts
There are some state parks along the coast that have great shoreline access. Some are Hammonassette in Madison, Rocky Neck in East Lyme I think, Harkness in Waterford and Bluff Pt in Groton. All of these have miles of coastline to fish. I fish the CT coast from shore as well and while I do go to these spots there are alot more if you get creative with google maps. Remember you can fish the mean highwater line down anywhere along the coast so long as you got there legally such as you didn't tresspass to get to your spot....unless that's changed. GL :a_goodjob:

· Banned
758 Posts
I also live in Bristol and fish the CT shore from time to time. The above mentioned spots are good but there is also a bunch of the CT river you can fish with good result all the way up to the mass border...

50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I'm going to go out to Bluff point sometime this week. Mainly because there's no fees and fishing is 24hr a day there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.