Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Member Reel Force
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured this cold front would shut down the fish, but my brother and his friend, really wanted to go and I figured it beats mowing the lawn... so, we launched at 0600 out of Corning and ran north a little ways...Wind was crazy. Stopped to load up on herring...continued trying to load up on herring...finally we catch two herring in an hour of 3 people jigging. Start drifting in 15ft with two live herring near bottom. Water temp was 61 degrees. Didn't catch another herring until noon. Wind made drifting almost impossible. It was blowing across the river, so I had to keep using the trolling motor to maintain our depth "annoying". Didn't catch a Striper, didn't have a run. Struggled to catch bait and only managed 3 Herring in 6 hours with 3 people jigging. Caught a couple white bass and a small catfish on the sabiki's. Got sick of the wind and left at noon. Talked to 6 other boats, only one 16lb Striper landed on chunk bait just before noontime. Guess I should've mowed the lawn!

· Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Tough day, i hear the water got pretty dirty after last nights rain. Our crew didn't even bother today, some crazy winds too.

· Registered
19 Posts
Figured this cold front would shut down the fish, but my brother and his friend, really wanted to go and I figured it beats mowing the lawn... so, we launched at 0600 out of Corning and ran north a little ways...Wind was crazy. Stopped to load up on herring...continued trying to load up on herring...finally we catch two herring in an hour of 3 people jigging. Start drifting in 15ft with two live herring near bottom. Water temp was 61 degrees. Didn't catch another herring until noon. Wind made drifting almost impossible. It was blowing across the river, so I had to keep using the trolling motor to maintain our depth "annoying". Didn't catch a Striper, didn't have a run. Struggled to catch bait and only managed 3 Herring in 6 hours with 3 people jigging. Caught a couple white bass and a small catfish on the sabiki's. Got sick of the wind and left at noon. Talked to 6 other boats, only one 16lb Striper landed on chunk bait just before noontime. Guess I should've mowed the lawn!
I was out there too...fished from about 730-300...HH/Port area ....caught about 10 herring in 3hrs...alot of work to get them....muddy river....windy miserable discouraging day........saw no one land anything.....should've slept in.

· Official Member
359 Posts
started the day up to the port and picked up some bait, achored up there for a while, I had one good run that disappeared and that was it all day. didnt hear of much being done at all. just in general a crappy day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.