Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Water temp only 41 on the Coquille, but the fishing has been HOT last Sat landed 2 fish 31" and 35". Last night was even HOTTER with the LUNAR ECLIPSE we landed 9 fish in 2 hours. 28" to 35" we took home our limit of 4 fish 31", 31 1/2", 32" and 35".

The Best Fishing In Oregon, Is On the South Coast!
STRIPERCHASER1

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Water temp only 41 on the Coquille, but the fishing has been HOT last Sat landed 2 fish 31" and 35". Last night was even HOTTER with the LUNAR ECLIPSE we landed 9 fish in 2 hours. 28" to 35" we took home our limit of 4 fish 31", 31 1/2", 32" and 35".

The Best Fishing In Oregon, Is On the South Coast!
STRIPERCHASER1

·
Registered
11 Posts
Now you've got my full attention. Could you please give me a little more info. Where were you fishing, what were you using,what tide, stuff like that. You are the man. I can't believe your aready catching fish. Please fill me in. thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went out last night, no fish. Water temp around 44. Trolling when water temp is below 50, above 50 I cast more drifting with the tide, Yo-zori 5-3/4 is what I use most. I catch fish all year long.
I fish the sloughs Nov - Jan, then I start hitting the rivers Smith, Coos and the Coquille. Fish up at the end of tide water untell fall, then I move down river and pick up the bait fish coming in with the tides. Most guys down here are salmon fishing then. I'm putting in 7 to 9 pm and they are going home.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the info. I live in Coquille and love fishing stripers. I'm always looking for old school striper freaks. I love to get all the knowledge I can.
I also fish plugs early in the season. My favorite trolling plugs are bomers. I like the forks just below myrtle point and on towards arago. I just never have started this early. Always wondered about it. I would love to hook up and go fishing sometime in the near future with ya. I might only have been fishing stripers for 10 years or so but I've learned a lot.
Keep me posted if you would please. My # is 260-1620 thanks again

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was at the fork last night didn't see any fish moving it was about 6 pm. Low tide was at 7:30 I would like to have been up there around 10 after the tide change. ( had to be at work at 5:30 this morning) I've always done better on the incoming tide up there.
Not sure when I'll get back down to Argo. I live in North Bend. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
do you flyrod for them up there? last time i was in oregon Mt ST. Helens blew and i was in Olympia. gotta say Oregon is one of the most beautiful places i have ever been. awesone job at gettin on the fish. not gonna get into em for another 3 weeks here.:yourock:

·
Registered
10 Posts
After a long, hot summer, many people are looking forward to the fall season and a reduction in their lawn care duties. However, in order to keep your lawn healthy throughout the winter season and into the spring, you need to know how to water your lawn in cool weather to prevent the ravages of disease and fungus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts