Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dead Fish Swimmin
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be my first year trolling for rocks, and I am looking for a chart that gives type of line, length of line, weight of lure, and trolling speed that will show how deep your lure will be traveling. I will be using 80 lb braided line with single lures, umbrela rigs, all on planner boards. If anyone can show me in the right direction, I'd much appriciate.

·
Dead Fish Swimmin
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok guys, I looked at the chart you told me to, but I can't figure out the conversion for going deeper than 50 feet. It kinda throws me at the end. So for all you smart people out there with numbers and logic, could ya give this poor shlub a here ya go?

·
Premium Member
5,899 Posts
For what it's worth,,, the vast majority of the fish I catch are in less than 20' of water,,, most in less than 5 or 10. A 100' deep channel would be one area that I wouldn't even look at under normal conditions when hunting stripers,,, though I might check out the edges of the drop-off and structure associated with the depth change from shallow to deep. Just my 2 pennies.... thumbsup.gif

·
Lunker
88 Posts
We fish striper using 48 oz mojo's, umbrella rigs,stretches and a planer.. If I were to choose colors I would use chartreuse and black and white stretches. They are the most productive for us.
We usually will not be found around the other boats. We are not fishing for schoolies. We will fish with them if we feel the big boys are there. If you find birds, fish around them don't run into the middle of them. The bigger ones are deep and generally on the outside that we have found. We once trolled through a bunch of boats and caught two striper and released them. Way to small. As we trolled on we noticed head boats moving to the area we caught in. The size was just to small for us.
We do watch the bottom while fishing. I like to go over drop offs and structure while fishing.
Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.