Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
chuckrudy
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new computer for about three weeks, it has been working great, in the last three four days i have not been able to get on web site stripers 247 like i used to. It now takes me four or five minutes for everything that i do on this web site. Is it my computer or is the web site having trouble.thanks

·
18,706 Posts
It seems to be working fine on my end.
A few glitches with the overhead banner at times but thats an ad server issue with their analytics. that has been sporadic and lasts for very little amount of time. its probably your internet service . maybe they are having problems. Someone else complained about aol. they blow in my opinion. these portals like aol and yahoo are spammers imo. although yahoo is nothing like aol but is a portal.
Dump aol.

Are you having problems with any other sites?

·
3,471 Posts
That has the flavor of a spyware overload.

Ditch the Internet Explorer, Norton and/or McAffee
Get, load, and use these programs - They're all free and as a combined system work fantastic.

Firefox - web browser, takes the place of IE
Thunderbird - e-mail, takes the place of Outlook Express
AVG - free edition, virus protection
ZoneAlarm - free edition, firewall
SUPER Antispyware - free edition, spyware blocker
AdAware - free edition, spyware scanner - Use it weekly
Spybot Search and Destroy - free edition, spyware scanner - Use it weekly

Jim, you should make these downloads available here on the site !

·
18,706 Posts
Sudsy said:
Ditch the Internet Explorer, Norton and/or McAffee
Get, load, and use these programs - They're all free and as a combined system work fantastic.

Firefox - web browser, takes the place of IE
Thunderbird - e-mail, takes the place of Outlook Express
AVG - free edition, virus protection
ZoneAlarm - free edition, firewall
SUPER Antispyware - free edition, spyware blocker
AdAware - free edition, spyware scanner - Use it weekly
Spybot Search and Destroy - free edition, spyware scanner - Use it weekly

Jim, you should make these downloads available here on the site !
Excellent point Suds. I had attaempted to put all the info in one place a few years back so people could make informed decisions and see whats best for themselves. After a few years experience with different things I agree with the ones you mentioned . Having said that i will lay out the options for both firefox and IE as the new firefox forces you to use yahoo as your search engine and it reapppears even when you delete and reinstall. Explorer has been trying to keep up and freezes every once in a while but is 100 times more secure than it has been in the past.
http://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=7655

A more appropriate thread for the information you suggest is probably the intructional utilities download thread. I ll put it together soon.
Thanks. A word of note. These proplems can occur if you more than one antivirus running on your computer at a time. They conflict with each other and eat up the computers reserves. It is best to run only one antivirus at a time and avg works very good. Enod and kapersky are the best two that are for purchase and catch more wild viruses than the paid version of avg as well. The free avg works great too.
http://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=11498

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.