Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any killer chum recipies?...or creative ways to dispense it?
...I got a couple...I'll post them later...
I'm always up for tryin' a new brew to stir up some fishies...

...I like a soup of different junk that I ladel out...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
i like to get dog food cans drill holls in each end tie it to a rope and toss it out. :? Sorry thats all i got.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mixture

I have heard of some using clam bellies, ground herring and or small blues, oatmeal a little extra water .. freeze it in a bread bread and when ready to fish sice a few holes in the bag, drop it in a onion sack, weight it down and away she goes.

I have not done this myself since this is my first boating season but I was thinking of making up something when I go out to Tog & Fluke fish

·
King of Eels
4,227 Posts
Mine is simple,on my way out I grab a bunch of mussels,put smash and put in a small chum pot,I've also used cat food,corn and clams,also cobinations of all of them mixed with oatmeal.

·
Registered
127 Posts
We buy a bottle of fish oil and before we tick off the wives, add it to what ever mess we made up. Off the end of the jetty with a rope it goes and before to long............... bait fish any ways. By 1am it isn't a slow night.....morning!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I use a big meat grinder and gring up fresh bunker and blue fish. It is messy and stinkky but works great. I will buy a gallon of bunker oil and add it to the mix also. To disperse it I use a few different methods. 1-I just put it in a 5gallon bucket and ladel it out as needed 2-I get the red potato sacks that have weaved holes in them. I freeze the chum and put it in the sack and tie a rope and out it goes. Freezing it lets it disperse itself slower and get to the bottom easier.3- I buyone gallon tube shaped bages and put the chum in them. I place a stick with a hole for a rope in the top and freeze em and make bunker bombs like most bait shops sell. All and all I have found that the five gallon bucket slightly frozen and laddeled out is the best method. I freeze it in my chest freezer because the frozen chuncks sink better and the birds don't eat your slick as much. The bunker oil is the ticket either way. Good luck. :twisted:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts