Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Wiper Guru
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some charitable donation money I want to give away. It comes with a corporate match, and it usually amounts to about $200 annually. The corporate stipulation is that it has to be a federally recognized 501(c)3 institution. Normally, I donate to a local art museum and to some Carmel IN based wildlife non-profit, but I've lost interest in both. So I am combining the donation to total about $400 annually, but I have no one to give it to. I want a non-profit that is dedicated to hands-on improvement of either the waterways or the fisheries. I am not interested in political action groups. I want to donate, but I also want to get my hands dirty. Any suggestions? What water-based groups do some of you donate to?

Thanks in advance. Oh! I only have a week to decide.

·
Wiper Guru
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I settled on The Nature Conservancy, in case anyone was interested. Their sworn task is to protect the land and the waterways. Since water is the only thing that separates us from oblivion and it is the environment of my favorite critters (fish) I figure any group that is willing to take care of water is a group I want to be a part of. What were the closing lines of McClean's A River Runs Through It? "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it."

I enjoy thinking that I contributed to the possibilitiy that the river's waters run clean.

·
Wiper Guru
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it was a good choice. They even have grassroots level involvement that members and I suppose anyone can be a part of. I decided a long time ago that I would always vote for the candidate who showed any concern for water, regardless of party affiliations. I have to say, water has been good to me. I owe it, bigtime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts