Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a boat. Anyone give me some good basic pointers. I will be fishing from athens to germantown area. It's a 15 footer with a 50hp outboard. No fish finder yet. Had to buy the basics with the spare cash, flares, anchor, fire extingushier, etc.....

·
Tyee
193 Posts
Just picked up a boat. Anyone give me some good basic pointers. I will be fishing from athens to germantown area. It's a 15 footer with a 50hp outboard. No fish finder yet. Had to buy the basics with the spare cash, flares, anchor, fire extingushier, etc.....
B.O.A.T= bust out another thousand.lol it's not worth having if you don't use it.get out every chance you get.good luck

·
Registered
153 Posts
pay attention to the launch and how some of the guys who know what they are doing do it. make sure you get your coolers and other stuff in the boat before you launch it, as to lessen the amount of time your holding up the launch. i always try to be as fast as possible in and out of the water as to not hold a bunch of people up. some things, like parking the truck are normal, so i don't run around like a mad man. but if your prepared with all your other things, you should be in and out quick and not holding up the others who are itching to go fishing. good luck with her.. ohhh.. get marine stabil for your gas as well. i always add the stabil every time i put gas in. this ethanol gas is just crap for small motors of all types.

·
Joesacc
59 Posts
New on the River ?? you have to pay the Tax , two herring or one beer to every boat you are with in 50 yards off. Sart with mine . .seriously If you don't have a fish finder , anchor the same distance from shore as other boats . If you see me . feel free to anchor near me . its a big river . You are welcome to share my spots. I monitor Chanel 68 . call out to joesacc , I will tell you how i am doing and where .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts