Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, does anyone know of a spot anywhere on the cape where I can surf fish all night and have my pop-up parked, still connected to my truck, but open and usable for the wife and kids to sleep in.

Any ideas would be great, Thanks

Mike

· First Mate
147 Posts
You might be able to in Turro, where I recall that you can drive on the hard pack sand. Although thinking about it, maybe you don't wnat to drive on the beach with a camper...

I camp every summer down the cape at Peter's Pond campsite. Nice place if you don't mind droping your pop-up and leaving the family behind to swim.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I was just looking for a place to hang out overnight, the family is always happy to go but around 9 or 10 pm they start wanting to leave so I figured I could open the camper and let them sleep, maybe I will just do it anyway and see if the police make me leave!! LOL

1,559 Posts
It's the Cape, I gave up riding the sand and basically all but stopped crossing the bridge years ago, due to increasingly overboard restrictions, fees and regulation. Forget about pulling a camper/trailer onto any of the beaches there, will not happen. The only way you will get to stay in any of the acess lots is if you are waiting your turn onto the sand at the gate. If you do not already have a over-sands pass, forget it.
there are many campgrounds on the Cape but they usually book up by march with resevations. Check the Cape Cod Tourism bureau web site for more info on camping there.
I have been asked to leave access point parking areas when catching a few winks in the past, so I would say a camper would be a no-no.

· will work for stripers
2,530 Posts
you got a shot if you try the bourne scenic park..they are not state runned...its my favorite place to camp in the fall..a good starting point to fish the canal...on the mainland side. i agree with gunny..if you didnt set something up 5 years ago...good luck getting a good deal...its tourist robbery season down there from now until labor day...once you cross those bridges expect to pay through the nose and wait forever in lines...unles you pick a bad weather week and just show up someplace in the middle of a rainstorm looking to camp...i lucked out doing that last year..the park had a cancellation that morning due to rain...you could always find some back road and take your chances too...ive done that, but not with a camper..in fact i sleep in the cab of the pickup everytime i go fishing by myself.

· Registered
558 Posts
Sorry man but I would have to say no too. My girlfriend has summered down there her whole live and she just told me no. Maybe like Jim said near the canal but as far as mid cape goes even the hotels are booked by now. You could give it a shot though what are they going to do tell you to move?

Mike

· (formerly brian21johansen)
976 Posts
Instead of starting a new thread I'm just gonna post a new question here:

Are there any places near me/the cape that you can camp from and fish. I'm not talking about a camper here, just a tent with a couple of my buddies. (Don;t worry-we'll sleep in different tents). I know there are the boston islands that you can take a ferry too....but I've heard that you can only camp in certain spots. Plus, I don't feel like dishing out all that money. One more question which is kida :eek:fftopic:......live 2 fish was talking about surf fishing all night......I'd prefebly like to camp somewhere on the surf like that too.......but is surf fishing still productive when the tide is going out? Most places that I fish from shore get pretty "low" at low tide and it seems that if I wanted to fish the outgoing tide from the beach that I'd have to keep picking up my stuff and moving with the water. Just a thought, figured that the fish would find more food elsewhere in conditions like this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.