Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

currently i have a 94 cobalt 200 (bow rider) that i use for mostly fishing, i launch in the chowan, perquimans, elizabeth city and sound bridge ramps(and occasionally the huntington park ramp in NN).

I have a 2013 f150 2wd v6 (309 HP) with towing package

i'm looking at upgrading to a cuddy cabin, or something that has a wrap around cockpit with hard top. One of the boats i'm looking at is a 24' 1989 bayliner with a rebuilt mercruiser v8.

aside from the steep soundbridge ramp, am i going to have any problems not having the 4x4?

capacity on the truck (for towing) is around 6,700 lbs.

the dry weight on the cobalt is ~ 2800, the dry weight on the bayliner is ~ 3800.

thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Brian,

on some of these wildlife boat ramps I have had to lock in my 4X4 in to get my boat up because of the dirt and loose rocks. you will be limited on where you will be able to put out. went out in the river last Friday and limited out. caught them all in one spot. have you been back out since we went?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brian,

on some of these wildlife boat ramps I have had to lock in my 4X4 in to get my boat up because of the dirt and loose rocks. you will be limited on where you will be able to put out. went out in the river last Friday and limited out. caught them all in one spot. have you been back out since we went?
Ya, went out about 4 times after that in the sound, and twice in the Chesapeake bay, didnt even get a nibble. I did manage to not pay attention and drift too close to a structure and snap off the hydrofoil...

i'm done until spring, if i'm not going to be landing any fish, i would rather be warm...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts