Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is that correct?, and if i cast out with a 10" and use a 4oz plug, how long do i wait untill it hits the water before i begin to plug?

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
if i read that question right . black (night or while dark out) when it hits the water you wanna leave it there for at least a minute (sometimes i don;t move it for at least 3 minutes) let the fish find the damn thing after it makes it's first splash. then work it one pop and leave again. repeat. then (based on what plug you are using) work it/

·
Grouchy old Bassturd
1,033 Posts
if i read that question right . black (night or while dark out) when i hits the water you wanna leave it there for at least a minute (sometimes i don;t move it for at least 3 minutes) let the fish find the damn thing after it makes it's first splash. then work it one pop and leave again. repeat. then (based on what plug you are using) work it/
I call that "The Jitterbug Crawl".
Works perfectly with Jitterbugs on largemouths at night too.:cheers:

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
yea grouchy, i try and tell guys this all the time. it may only work once in a while but the hit is remarkable. sorta takes ya off guard as you don't see it coming as most guys (ala sconey) will cast out and immediately have to scratch thier B#@#s or pick thier nose and then bamm!:yay:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.