Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
in awe of real fisherman
236 Posts
Wow, that is horrible....freakish...

gives new meaning to the words "dead weight"....

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
inexperience in knowing when to cut the line as opposed to trying to pull your rig free from the rocks. more than likely he was pulling up on the rod to dislodge the rig and that force as opposed to tying the line around a knife handle/shoe/rock or whatever to break it free caused it to come straight up at him instead of if he were pulling it with the down and dirty body leverage type of attempt. it is unfortunate and awful to have happened but if i've said it once i will always say it in that there are dozens of ways to become a fatality in this sport and at the very least injured to the extent of near fatal. some of the freakiest things have happened at the most inopportune times and most of which were by the hand of others not paying attention. chances were he may have done that and injured someone else if it were not himself. staying aware and focused in an area with alot of people (like the canal for example) as i was pulling the 8oz jig up and out of the water i saw what a mess that could be in a crowded situation could help in getting hurt. just nevah know when your number is punched. sad, real sad, i wouldn;t have wanted to see that.

·
I had a BLAST!
2,429 Posts
Unfortunate. I don't know whether he was a family man or not, but if he left a family behind, that is truly sad.
RIP, brother.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
family man he was for sure and that's the worst part about it jimmy. we all gotta be careful and know that with knowlege of gods infinite wisdom we all must accept these untimely losses that are removed from his ongoing earthly masterpiece being painted and we are either long term participants or we excell to belong to his heavenly mural which is forever his masterpiece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts