Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My suggestion is to start drinking .... heavily. :icon_wekke:
Nahhh i took care of that over the winter , now it's time to be 100% focused on the fish :mental:

My itch is becoming uncontrollable. I may need to get sum ointment soon
laughing7.gif HAHA !!

· Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I keep looking at my equipment...then rushing out to buy "just one more thing". Need to hurry up and get fishing before I am too poor to afford gas to get to the river.
We all have to do our part and feed the "bait monkey" over the winter, just to keep him happy.

· Registered
122 Posts
The nice thing about striper fishing is the tackle is inexpensive and simple once you own the rods and reels. Hooks, sinkers, swivels, and some line. Braid lasts several seasons and mono is cheap if that's what you like. The big cost is gas money trailering to the river and making the 20 mile or more round trip bait runs with the boat.

· Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The nice thing about striper fishing is the tackle is inexpensive and simple once you own the rods and reels. Hooks, sinkers, swivels, and some line. Braid lasts several seasons and mono is cheap if that's what you like. The big cost is gas money trailering to the river and making the 20 mile or more round trip bait runs with the boat.
No doubt man, one of the nice things about the sport/hobby of fishing, once you buy the bigger items.

Striper fishing is close to me too :icon_thumright: so travel & gas is not an issue for me. During rest of year i like to fish smaller bodies of water with-in 45 mins or so, with elec motor only ... so only gas for the car. I'm a happy guy !

I used to golf a lot too, but $40-50 every time out ... i'd rather fish anyway. icon_wink.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.