Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Striper Hunter
90 Posts
I've never fished there,but I fish York Beach 2 weeks in the summer.
YB is a fishy place,I mostly plug work stickbaits or jig bucktails.
Most people chunk the beach,for some reason I just can't bring myself to chunk:pbdoi:.YB is just South of Ogunquit.

Google earth it,you'll see some nice spots.

5/0

·
1,559 Posts
Head north, mouth of the Saco,OOB, Camp Ellis. September and into October.
I'm looking at that area for the Maine leg of the 24/7 gatherings tour for next season. probably New moon waxing period with a good evening high tide.
Lots of good camping and half nekked Canuks as well.

·
Lunker
107 Posts
York Harbor is usually full of fish. Also try Nubble Light in York Beach. Make sure you have some good tackle though, it's a very rocky bottom. Behind the restaurant at Long Sands Beach in York is very productive also. Again, very rocky.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
i was warned not to burn some spots there. i pm;'d him with what i believe to be some hearty spots. i can;t give a few others to anyone as i only know them when i am up there. gunny is right though as the mouth;s of rivers have sweet spots. i know where we have to go for the maine gathering for sure. anyone want a specific spot for plugging or flyrodding pm me and i will give you the google earth coordinates.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
too many swimmers on vacation on that beach. that strip of real estate has to be fished when locals tell you the time to go or ie; overcast rainy days or at night. just what i have experienced while up there. really nice beach with the nubble light up there. we stayed right there when we got to that area the first time up. will be coming up in july for sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
First post for me here, looks like all the info above is spot on,I do not live there I drive there and would drive every day if I could, enjoy. and yes the ogunquit area can be productive. I.E. ogunquite river! Timing is everthing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.