Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Rubber Shad Ex-spert
309 Posts
went fishing this morning around 4am. Pulled my trap for making a crab slurry / chum and had about half dozen greens, water temp is still too cold for much.

Any how, I fired off to Hull Gut, right under the wind mill. Tried using the berkley gulp clams, and my new fiberglass rod I made with fish finder rig. Nada. I did once see the tip ( I was in my truck with the heat on!) snap down hard like a strike. Man that made my heart pound! I ran out after it!

Nothing. Water is 37F, air temp was 7, and the wind was howling in my face. Sort of hard going.

I figure even if I get out a couple times a week, when the season picks up, I'll be right there. I might even catch the first fish!

· Rubber Shad Ex-spert
309 Posts
Tell you what: with that home-made rode, and new reel, I got the SOB stuck on some rocks with a fish finder rig. I said to myself "hey dude", cuz that's what I call myself, "how's bout something . . . you know for the effort."

Any ways' I ripped and ripped on the mofo like I was trying to break it. I was. I don't care: 200 something bucks worth of home made fishin rod. It didn't break. I was yanking on the setup as hard as I could like an idiot, and I couldn't break the rod. I was trying to break it!

So much for fiberglass. For a piece of crap looking homemade rod that thing found a place in my heart.

so go build a rod!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.