Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lunker
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Casting practice at the Marlton NJ field this Saturday.

I will be at the field by 11:30 and cones will be set-up every 100ft from 200 to 650. I have a laser rangefinder that you are welcome to use for more precise measurements (well, +/- 1 yard). Feel free to bring your own too; a reflector will be set-up at the oche.

Whoever wants to come by and cast or just watch and inspect and ask about a wide range of high performance fishing and casting tackle is welcome.

The physical address for the field is 1047 Tuckerton Road, Marlton NJ 08053. You can calculate directions (and see the field) from this Google Satellite Map Page.

Just for info's sake, this is the same field the Sportcast USA NE Regional Open Tournament will be held April 4-5. That's the only casting tournament scheduled north of the Mason-Dixon Line in 2009.

Hope to see some Stripers247 people Saturday!

·
Rubber Shad Ex-spert
309 Posts
went fishing this morning around 4am. Pulled my trap for making a crab slurry / chum and had about half dozen greens, water temp is still too cold for much.

Any how, I fired off to Hull Gut, right under the wind mill. Tried using the berkley gulp clams, and my new fiberglass rod I made with fish finder rig. Nada. I did once see the tip ( I was in my truck with the heat on!) snap down hard like a strike. Man that made my heart pound! I ran out after it!

Nothing. Water is 37F, air temp was 7, and the wind was howling in my face. Sort of hard going.

I figure even if I get out a couple times a week, when the season picks up, I'll be right there. I might even catch the first fish!

·
Official Member
126 Posts
bro..... chill. its the beginning of march still. i hate to hate, but ur jumpin the gun juuuuuuust a tad. its recon season and although I'll be up there fishin hull and cohasset with you shortly, wait for the snow to melt and the fish to return for your own sanity. :hot:

·
Rubber Shad Ex-spert
309 Posts
Tell you what: with that home-made rode, and new reel, I got the SOB stuck on some rocks with a fish finder rig. I said to myself "hey dude", cuz that's what I call myself, "how's bout something . . . you know for the effort."

Any ways' I ripped and ripped on the mofo like I was trying to break it. I was. I don't care: 200 something bucks worth of home made fishin rod. It didn't break. I was yanking on the setup as hard as I could like an idiot, and I couldn't break the rod. I was trying to break it!

So much for fiberglass. For a piece of crap looking homemade rod that thing found a place in my heart.

so go build a rod!

·
Banned
758 Posts
bro..... chill. its the beginning of march still. i hate to hate, but ur jumpin the gun juuuuuuust a tad. its recon season and although I'll be up there fishin hull and cohasset with you shortly, wait for the snow to melt and the fish to return for your own sanity. :hot:
Agreed Water temp is in the upper 30's in that area....don't fall in youll only have roughly 15 minutes to get out and get dry before the first stages of hypothermia set in...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.