Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Official Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anywhere that I can find the water temps for each day last year or better yet the past couple of years?

With the water warming up as slow as it is there is a good chance we will see some bigger stripers than last year in the Albany area.

My dad just picked up a nice book for the boat to keep better track of what we do this year. I hope to be able to contribute some good info. to this site in the future.

Without the help of Brian, Hung, Jim and many others, I don't think we would have had half as many fish on the boat as we did the past couple of years.

Where have all of you guys mentioned above been this past week? Not as many posts as earlier. Is there another forum somewhere?

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS! :salute:

·
Super Moderator
1,111 Posts
when the water temps reached the 47 degree mark this year we had herring show up. last year it was 46.4 degrees according to my log book.
and we caught our first striper of the year 2 days ago a 28 inch male. and the water temp was 48 degree's . so generally when the water temp is anywhere from 48 on up it gets good. :icon_salute2: tight lines .

·
Official Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when the water temps reached the 47 degree mark this year we had herring show up. last year it was 46.4 degrees according to my log book.
and we caught our first striper of the year 2 days ago a 28 inch male. and the water temp was 48 degree's . so generally when the water temp is anywhere from 48 on up it gets good. :icon_salute2: tight lines .
Happy to hear from you Hung. With the new guys on the site I figure you are laying low. It makes me feel a little better that you caught your first only 2 days ago. If you arn't catching them nobody is.

My first one in Albany came on 4/14 last year and I believe the temp. was 46. We got our first herring on 4/14 this year in the poesty with cast net. The temp. in creek was 50 but only 46 in the river.

With tonights rain it may be until the middle of next week before it reaches 48 in Albany. I will be there no matter what Mon. afternoon. Possible get our herring and head south.

Great info. and GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Get on the USGS gauge website, find the gauge in question, and run a query for the daily temperature data.

I have used those data to make some pretty nice graphs in the past. Each year looks a bit different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts