Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put in at HH park again about 4pm, ran north for bait, loaded up, ran south and started drifting about 5pm. Between 5 and 7 we hooked 4 and boated 3 with the biggest going 34". Very quiet on the river with hardly any boats out again but I guess it was busier in the morning. Heading back out again tomorrow afternoon a little earlier to try again and continue my mini part time "stripercation":a_goodjob:

·
Gulp! smells funny
114 Posts
Put in at HH park again about 4pm, ran north for bait, loaded up, ran south and started drifting about 5pm. Between 5 and 7 we hooked 4 and boated 3 with the biggest going 34". Very quiet on the river with hardly any boats out again but I guess it was busier in the morning. Heading back out again tomorrow afternoon a little earlier to try again and continue my mini part time "stripercation":a_goodjob:
Nice job out there. I really was looking forward to going last night, but I guess staying home to help my dad celebrate his birthday was the right thing to do.

My buddy was out there in his center console, ended up fishing nearby to you. They picked up 2 from 6pm-8pm. 12lbs and 17lbs

we'll be out tonight, thurs, sat and sun.

·
Nature's Phinest
30 Posts
It sure was quiet out there, especially after the sun went down. Nice job putting a few over the gunnel!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sure was quiet out there, especially after the sun went down. Nice job putting a few over the gunnel!
Darn right and thanks. What a beautiful evening on the river. That must have been you that passed me heading south about 6pm or so. The fish all hit between 5 and 6 and then it died out for us as the tide started slowly creeping back out. Somebody had one hell of a sweet Luhrs rig that came down by us called "reel options". Bigger than I'd ever want but WOW, what an awesome boat that is!!

·
Nature's Phinest
30 Posts
Darn right and thanks. What a beautiful evening on the river. That must have been you that passed me heading south about 6pm or so. The fish all hit between 5 and 6 and then it died out for us as the tide started slowly creeping back out. Somebody had one hell of a sweet Luhrs rig that came down by us called "reel options". Bigger than I'd ever want but WOW, what an awesome boat that is!!
I saw the Luhrs too. I actually need to thank him. My usual herring spots were just not working and we only had about 10 in the well for 45 minutes of jigging. We decided to head down river anyway while it was still light and passed him jigging up 3 at a time. Thankfully I have no shame :whistle: and pulled right in on him. It turned out to be one of the hottest herring spots I've seen this season!

·
swabbie
170 Posts
Sounds like a great afternoon. I wish I wasn't an hour plus away!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.