Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday about 2'ish in the afternoon, I stopped in Fredericksburg at the Barefeet Green restaurant for a lunch of popcorn shrimp, a beer and to see if someone could answer my question.

I've heard that during the shad run in 1975 two fishermen under the I-95
bridge found a bottle in the Rappahannock River. This bottle had been in the water for almost a year before it was found. Lucky thing too, because in the bottle was a note signed 'Sheila'. If you know anything about the story then you'll know what she wrote and why after 34+ years I want to know if its based on truth or not.

If you haven't heard the story, I'm not surprised. A lot of fishermen are on the river that time of year from all over the country and you might not have heard about it but maybe your Dad, Uncle or ole' fishing buddy did. Seems this note must have said something damn important because it was seized by the FBI as evidence in a capital crime cold case. Yep, they had them back then too, they just didn't tell us about 'em.

I can be reached at my email address. Hope to hear from someone who still remembers her..."

·
I had a BLAST!
2,429 Posts
Where are you from, VA. ?
Never heard the story, but it could be fact.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
the witch killed her husband and put a finger in the bottle to seal the note in. seems she was gay and her husband objected so the subliminal message was the finger in the **** (was his middle finger btw). anyway, he was never found and the woman has since died. rumor has it that if you fish the night you can hear the bottle whistle as the finger comes out to let the ghost of henry yearmouth call out to danica his sicko wife>:whistle:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thank you gentlemen, yes, its not a story it's the news. Think back to Mar 25th 1974, Watergate was breaking and DC was a political crisis.

Two young girl disappeared off their neighborhood street on the way home from the mall. All hell broke loss searching for them but aftee 10 days not one witness, piece of evidence or suspect was identified. The case wound down and now its 34 years later and NOTHING has ever been released about the case.

BUT! These is evidence and there are witnesses, they just came too late to help the girls. One case busting piece did not surface for almost a year.
That's the bottle that the oldest girl managed to get into a stream and drifted down to Fredericksburg by the following March. And thats what needs to be varied, who found it, what did the note, say, and who did they give it too?

I'm going on the assumption that one of your fishing buddys did and that he truned it over to the Spotsylvania County sheriff or Fredericksburg police before the FBI got to it.

I THINK it will be easier to get the truth from one of you than anybody that had dealings with the FBI. They really not the people to talk to when they're keeping a secret.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
fibber! oh well, i tried. seems alot of kids turn up missing and are never found. just sick bastages out there and you can;t friggen trust people because you don;t know who the f$% is a predator!

·
LunkerSpunker
446 Posts
I gotta say I'm a bit lost on this....you found the bottle? and are trying to get info on it? When you say "I'm going on the assumption that one of your fishing buddys did and that he truned it over to the Spotsylvania County sheriff or Fredericksburg police before the FBI got to it.

I THINK it will be easier to get the truth from one of you than anybody that had dealings with the FBI. They really not the people to talk to when they're keeping a secret." who are you referring to as "you"?

·
Lunker
145 Posts
I don't think just anybody can put a finger in a ****.You must be choosen.But anyone can put a finger in a bottle.VT

·
Registered
27 Posts
I guess you've never been to Bass Pro Shops? Big bold sign right above the entrance? "Welcome hunters, fishermen, and other liars!" (Motto of my life!) Not sure this is the right venue for finding factual information, but I will certify that without a shadow of an inkling of a doubt, the striper I hooked and lost last year was over 75 lbs!:walamatBanana: Great story, though!

What the heck is a walamatbanana anyway? ( But it looks cool!)

·
Registered
161 Posts
I read post #11 by MasterBaiter twice and now I am cross eyed and pregnant, and I'm not a girl so... This thread hurts. :dizzy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts