Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i live part time in calexico, ca (imperial county) . . . usually fishing for catfish. I have heard that stripers are there, but i have no idea how to go after them. from the limited advise i have heard from locals, they say use chicken livers. seeing that i fish for cats with livers, and that i have not landed a single striper . . . i must be missing something.

is there a particular time of day to fish? are they hook shy? do stripers have the ability to see heavy weighted lines? my typical setup is a 50lb braided line (green) with a number 4 treble. due to the heavy current, i am usually putting a 4oz weight on the line.

there are several drops along the canal. above the drop the water is rather calm and slow . . . where as below the drop it is rather turbulent and fast. where would be the best spot to fish?

just to note, i did look through the '101' for this site, but i couldn't find what i was looking for.

many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
apologies fellas, i just realized there is a CA subforum. i will re-post this thread there.

mods:
could you do me the favor of closing this thread?

thanks,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.