Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Batfishing on the Hudson can be frustrating for the newbie, Its all about keeping your presentation in one area in tidal current. In my equiptment thread I talked about my 11ft. rod #1 with my Shimano bait runner reel that I use for casting large lures, well I do , and I also have another rod!With Herring now in the area, I"ll catch 2-3 and put them in a zip-lock bag. I"ll then change over rod#1 to a bait fishing outfit, This doesn't take me long , only a few minutes and I"ll be bait fishing and casting. First I choose a certain area. How do I do this. First of all I"ve spent the time casting and researching areas and I now know from general knowledge of the river, an area that the stripers Will be in do to- current, structure, pools, ledges, rocks etc.. Bridges are a good example of structure, the water is usually deeper, there is shade,,and a positive block in current flow, a good place for stripers to hang out.I"ll usually do this about the first hour after high-tide comes in. Because the stripers are generally more active at an incoming tide, I"ll be casting lures during this time. After the tide -relaxes-, I to also relax. You"ll usually start seeing the Herring ALL OVER the shore at this time! This is because the stripers are moving with the current, and Now is a perfect time to sling some bait!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.