Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a good quality air compressor I can use when to air back up after driving on the beach? Last year the one I purchased took forever to fill my tires. Do you suggest an air tank or a compressor that I can plug into my cigarette lighter. If so what make and model do you think is the best?

· Premium Member
5,899 Posts
Cig lighter air compressors take way too long. I use nitrogen in my tires and toss a nitrogen tank in the back of the truck when I'll need to air down. Just put a 1/4" air hose quick disconnect on the regulator and it's about as convenient as you can get. I get 7 or 8 four tire fills on a tank, and refills are cheap at the local welding shop.

· Official Member
24 Posts
I use a Viair 400p anything that plugs into a cigarette lighter will take too long, (not enough amps) I can bring my tires up from 15lbs. to 35 in about 1 1/2 minutes each. I have heard of guys using dry nitrogen or co2 tanks both seem very good but need to be refilled.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I'm most likely going to use the viair nitrogen and co2 sounds great but would more to much of a hassle for me thanks for the info. If anyone has any other suggestions of models that would be appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.