Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are coming up the River..........post your catches, reports, pics here.......

·
Registered
45 Posts
There are still a few striper slips available at Marlboro Yacht Club. Private message me with your email address and I'll send you an application. We'll soon have 93 Octane NON-ETHANOL gasoline with automated self serve 24/7 credit card access. The gas is available now but a member must be present to conduct the transaction. We should be online mid April. Goddamn chip shortage!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are still a few striper slips available at Marlboro Yacht Club. Private message me with your email address and I'll send you an application. We'll soon have 93 Octane NON-ETHANOL gasoline with automated self serve 24/7 credit card access. The gas is available now but a member must be present to conduct the transaction. We should be online mid April. Goddamn chip shortage!!
Great but I'll have to apply for a loan to fill up my boat.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OTW mag posted someone got a 41" this way up in Merimack river, way up by Lawrance in Ma this week. real deal w/picture

Must be some that stay in Hudson too
They are in the Hudson year round...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well I guess this confirms the fish are getting active. These ****ers do this every year it seems. Good job goes out to the ECO's. Because of people like this, one day our sport is going to get shortened or shut down altogether.

Striped Bass Details – Westchester, Rockland, Orange, and Putnam Counties
DEC police stand in front of work vehicle with illegal stripped base on the ground
On Feb. 12, ECOs Tompkins, Thibodeau, and Franz conducted a fishing enforcement detail in Westchester County prioritizing anglers taking out-of-season striped bass. The Officers patrolled Oscawana Island Park in the town of Cortlandt and Croton Point Park in the village of Croton-on-Hudson. During the detail, ECOs observed several anglers taking and keeping out-of-season fish. The ECOs issued 17 citations for violations including possessing out-of-season fish and fishing without a valid license. The Officers seized 30 striped bass from violators and released many of the fish back into the Hudson River. The rest of the fish were donated to a local wolf conservation center.

On Feb. 21, ECOs in Orange, Rockland, Westchester, and Putnam counties conducted a joint detail along the Hudson River to stop illegal striped bass activity. Officers wrote a total of 16 summonses and discovered 33 out-of-season striped bass. The striped bass season runs from April 1 to Nov. 30 on the Hudson River. In 2015, New York reduced harvest due to a decline in the coastal spawning stock, resulting in a slot limit of 18 to 28 inches in length for the Hudson River. Striped bass is an ecologically, recreationally, and economically important migratory fish species in New York. The Hudson River acts as a nursery for newly hatched young bass. Striped bass seized during the detail were returned to the water or donated to the Wolf Conservancy in Westchester County

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I guess this confirms the fish are getting active. These ****ers do this every year it seems. Good job goes out to the ECO's. Because of people like this, one day our sport is going to get shortened or shut down altogether.

Striped Bass Details – Westchester, Rockland, Orange, and Putnam Counties
DEC police stand in front of work vehicle with illegal stripped base on the ground
On Feb. 12, ECOs Tompkins, Thibodeau, and Franz conducted a fishing enforcement detail in Westchester County prioritizing anglers taking out-of-season striped bass. The Officers patrolled Oscawana Island Park in the town of Cortlandt and Croton Point Park in the village of Croton-on-Hudson. During the detail, ECOs observed several anglers taking and keeping out-of-season fish. The ECOs issued 17 citations for violations including possessing out-of-season fish and fishing without a valid license. The Officers seized 30 striped bass from violators and released many of the fish back into the Hudson River. The rest of the fish were donated to a local wolf conservation center.

On Feb. 21, ECOs in Orange, Rockland, Westchester, and Putnam counties conducted a joint detail along the Hudson River to stop illegal striped bass activity. Officers wrote a total of 16 summonses and discovered 33 out-of-season striped bass. The striped bass season runs from April 1 to Nov. 30 on the Hudson River. In 2015, New York reduced harvest due to a decline in the coastal spawning stock, resulting in a slot limit of 18 to 28 inches in length for the Hudson River. Striped bass is an ecologically, recreationally, and economically important migratory fish species in New York. The Hudson River acts as a nursery for newly hatched young bass. Striped bass seized during the detail were returned to the water or donated to the Wolf Conservancy in Westchester County

What people eat fish out of the Hudson River?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
But aren't the ones that overwinter dinks/small? I can't remember anyone here posting a big fish before spring or after summer.
Yes...most of the holdovers are under 20" but every now and then someone catches a big one..............proof that some of them stay.

·
Striper Hunter
188 Posts
1 - 20 of 119 Posts